The Vidya Jyoti library, with about 134,000 books and 228 journals, is open to and utilised not
only by the Vidyajyoti staff and students, but also by some students, research scholars and staff
of Jawaharlal Nehru University, the University of Delhi, Jamia Millia and other scholars from
India and abroad.
Terms and conditions for the external students
External students desiring to use Vidyajyoti College Library need to follow the following
- A letter from the guide (on the official letterhead of the university) requesting the access
to the library needs to be submitted.
- A photocopy of the student’s identity card of the university, a photocopy of the Aadhar
card, as well as a residence proof and the contact details are to be submitted.
- A personal declaration stating (a) the purpose of using the library, (b) the assurance that
the library usage is strictly for the academic purpose and (c) the promise to submit the
bibliographic details of the subsequent individual works published using our library
resources has to be submitted.
- External students are not allowed to borrow the books from the library and take them
outside the library.
- External students can borrow the books on a daily basis to be used in the reference
room. At the library closing time, they will return them on the counter. In case a book is
lost, the cost will have to be paid.
- Access to the archival material is strictly prohibited.
- External students will be charged a monthly fees of Rs. 500/- or an annual fees of Rs.